Our team of Chartered Surveyors can provide homebuyer reports designed to provide advice and help to allow you to make more informed decisions when buying a residential property in Liverpool.
This is a more detailed report designed by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) with an aim of giving you professional advice so that you can:
- make an informed decision on whether to go ahead with buying the property
- make an informed decision on what is a reasonable price to pay for the property
- take account of any repairs the property needs
- consider what further actions you should take before committing to buying the property
RICS HomeBuyer Reports can only be carried out by a qualified Chartered Surveyor. Following an internal and external inspection of the main building and all permanent outbuildings, the Chartered Surveyor will produce a report detailing hie or her findings. The report will follow a standard format and will incude:
- condition ratings
- present energy-efficiency and environmental impact ratings based on the property's current EPC (please note that the Chartered Surveyor will not prepare the ECP as part of the RICS HomeBuyer Service, this is a separate service)
- identify issues that the client's legal advisors may need to investigate further
- summarise defects and issues that present a risk to the buildings or grounds
- a valuation that gives an opinion on both market value and the buildings insurance reinstatement cost at the time of inspection
This is a popular budget style report that includes a search for defects along with other matters that affect value and saleability. The report also includes a valuation.
It is suitable for the vast majority of residential properties and is the type of survey most usually commissioned by purchasers.